October 20, 2008

Snowboard Season Begins

Saturday was our first day of snowboarding of the 2008-09 season. The 3 of us ventured to ABasin to shrow the pow. Okay, it's actually man made snow, and it's only 1 run. I went on a couple runs while Stan and Casey hung out on the deck, then Stan went out for a few runs while I hung with Casey.

Sunday we rode our bikes to Keystone in the morning with our friend Steve. Aunt Kel showed up at lunchtime. After spending some quality time with her niece, Kel and I headed to ABasin for some snowboarding then to the outlets for some shopping. Casey stayed home with Dad and Steve to watch football.

Other news...I got the stairs oiled so the floors are finally finished! I also started painting the hallways and half the living room...practical beige. Stan put in a little bit of trim this weekend. Mainly so we could move the piano back to it's place. We'll be finishing the rest when Stan is in town next week. I'll be working on painting more of the house this week...as long as this sick bug that I woke up with this morning doesn't slow me down too much.

In Casey news...she is getting used to eating oatmeal now. She opens her mouth and actually eats it. This week we'll see if she is interested in eating more than once a day. Casey is also looking like she wants to crawl. Today she was playing on her activity mat on her stomach and actually used her arms to pull herself towards her toys. At one point, she brought her knees up under her and got into a crawling position.

hanging in her bike trailer

No comments: